Latest football & cheer news
Huddle notes - 10/24/2019
Football practice schedule Tuesday 10/22 - Friday or Saturday 10/25 or 10/26
Flag: Tues, & Thurs 5:30-7:00 at Grant, Sat. (walk thru at Grant) - 10am - 11am
Freshman: Tues & Wed. 5:30-7:30 at Franklin HS, Thurs 5:30-7:30 at Grant, Fri. 5:15-6:45pm at Franklin with team dinner at Franklin afterword, Sat. (walk thru, at Grant) 9-10:30am
JV: Tues & Wed. 5:30-7:30 at Franklin HS, Thurs 5:30-7:30 at Grant, Fri. (walk thru, at Grant) 5:30 - 7:00pm
Varsity: Tues & Wed. 5:30-7:30 at Franklin HS, Thurs 5:30-7:00 at Grant, Sat. (walk thru, at Grant) – 10am -11:30am
Eighth game is Saturday & Sunday Oct. 26/27
Early weigh-ins @ see below
Football arrival and Game Start Times:
Flag: Sunday 10/27 @ Bentley, arrival, 8:00 am; game time, 9:00 am; jersey TBD
Freshman: Sunday 10/27, @ Walled Lake Western, arrival, 9:30 am; game time, 11:00 am (600 Beck Rd, Commerce Charter Twp, MI 48390) early weigh-ins @ 9am in Walled Lake
JV: Saturday 10/26 @ Bentley, arrival, 11:30 am; game time, 1:00 pm early weigh-ins @ 10am at Bentley (per host Orioles)
Varsity: Sunday 10/27 @ Bentley, arrival, 2:00 pm; game time, 3:30 pm early weigh-ins freshman early at 9am, JV at 9:15-9:30am and Varsity at 9:30-9:45am at Bentley (per host Blue Jays)
Game day attire (TBD, please ask your head coach)
• Flag: TBD Game Jersey, black game pants, belt, black socks, cleats, cup, mouth guard, helmet
• Tackle: TBD Game Jersey, blue game pants, belt, black (or blue or white) socks, helmet, mouth guard, shoulder pads, other pant pads, girdle, cleats
Stacey has extra Cheerfest Tickets: Help fill the stands with loud Blue Jays to support our girls
50 morning tickets available (Flag & Freshmen 9:30 am - 12:00 pm)
75 afternoon tickets available (JV & Varsity 2:30-5:00 pm)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tickets. You will receive an invoice for your tickets within a FEW DAYS. Don't panic if I reply that you are good to go, but you haven't received the invoice yet.
The invoice will come from the Chargers, but I have to supply her with a list of who is purchasing the 50 and 75 FIRST. Hope this makes sense!!!
- For those who don’t know, a former Franklin HS football player (Nate #28) was diagnosed acute lymphocytic leukemia.
- Some fellow classmates of Nate's have designed tee shirts that can be ordered to help in alleviating any financial concerns. Here is the link for that if interested. Please continue to keep Nate in your prayers as he fights to beat and Win this horrible disease.
This is the link for tee shirts:
Volunteer check-in at fence near garage in back of Bentley
Volunteers, look for the banner that will be on the fence near the garage (South end zone) to check in with the volunteer coordinator. Please do not go to the kitchen and ask where to check-in at…I have authorized the kitchen staff to charge $500,000 to anyone that asks them
Our goal is to improve, to get better every day
We wanted to share learnings from our last game, so we can continuously improve the Program:
“I think it's more important that you're able to take your expectations and bridge them into the process of what it takes to be successful.”
1/4/2006, Press Conference Transcript: Nick Saban Introduction
The Super Bowl is November 2nd at Wayne State
Banquet date is Sunday November 17th
• The Blue Jay Football and Cheerleading Banquet will be Sunday, November 17th and will be held at Laurel Manor in Livonia (39000 Schoolcraft, Livonia 48150). The Banquet will be held from 2 pm to 6 pm and is a "dressy" (not formal/black tie) event.
• Families are able to bring four guests for their athlete, not counting their athlete. For example: football player Max can bring Mom, Dad, brother and sister. Max himself does not count to the four tickets.
• *Please note that the $5 ticket for the athletes is new this year to help offset banquet costs.
o Banquet Ticket sales close Friday, November 1st at 9pm
• Yearbooks and Yearbook SHOUT OUTS (accolades printed into the yearbook for your athlete) are available right now as well!
o Yearbook and Yearbook SHOUT OUT sales close Wednesday, October 23rd at 9pm.
• ALL BANQUET TICKETS, YEARBOOKS AND YEARBOOK SHOUTS OUTS ARE SOLD ONLINE - through the Square Store link below.
• We look forward to celebrating our season with you, your families and your awesome athletes at our Banquet!
Look for cheer newsletters (check sites below for past/future info)
Volunteers needed to shadow Cliff Thomas
This is Cliff’s last year as our medical player safety coach and we need 2-3 volunteers who can spend some time this shadowing him and learning more about his role on the Blue Jays
Email: Josh Kirk @
Go Blue Jays!
Go Blue Jays!